Rhu's Cake decorating school in Hampshire
You can Learn with Rhu through a variety of ways, online with live classes via Patreon, with downloadable pdf tutorials available in my Etsy shop or join me in France on one of my residential courses with just four students and individual tuition, we have an all-inclusive week and a budget version for a group of close friends.
I have proudly gained an excellent reputation as a teacher, which you can see from my many testimonials, I have also won a number of gold awards for my competition pieces for Cake International and Best in Show - London 2015, I write tutorials for a number of magazines and websites, including SugarEd Productions. And most proudly was nominated as one of the top four people (globally!!) in the Modelling Excellence category Cake Masters Awards 2014.... blushes and is quietly very very proud of this achievement. I have also filmed a tutorial for Paul Bradford's Sugarcraft School and Learn Cake Decorating online, participated in the first Mumbai Cakeology show, including teaching and being a judge and now training as a judge for Cake International in the UK.
Having made all sorts of cakes for my children and their friends along the years, I returned to creating cakes full-time in 2010. With a passion for creative hobbies, completing a foundation in Art and Design in 2001, creating unique cakes satisfies my creative side on all levels. I am self taught, trawling the internet and reading books to keep up-to-date with the latest trends and methods, I love being able to apply all the skills I have gained from so many disciplines into cake making.... and now teaching.
Teaching is now the focus of the business along with running successful cake decorating holidays in France, with masterclasses for the beginner and the more experienced, with glowing testimonials that speak for themselves. You will find a link to French Cake Breaks in the right hand margin.
More than just teaching - I run all aspects of my business by myself, having brought together all those careers and jobs I done during my life and put them to work together, I design and update the website, do the PR and marketing, accounts, everything including the washing up !!!!
I am proud to say that :
- UK Ambassador for Saracino sugarpaste
- UK Ambassador for Fabriliquid
- Demonstrator at Cake International
- Trainee Judge for Cake International
- Contributor and tutorial writer for Cake Decoration and Sugarcraft Magazine
- Tutorial writer for SugarEd Productions
- Tutor at Paul Bradfords online Sugarcraft School
- Best in Show at London 2015
- Gold Awarded at Cake International Manchester 2015
- Nominated as one of the top four in the Modelling with Excellence category in the Cake Masters Awards 2014
- Awarded Gold at Cake International in Birmingham 2014
- Awarded Gold and first in class at Cake International in London 2014
- Awarded Gold at Cake International in Birmingham 2013
- Awarded gold at Cake International for my entry into the decorative class at Excel in London 2013
- Gold at Manchester Cake International 2013 for my entry into the decorative class
- This website is featured as an example of using personality in a website on the blog of the web host
- Short-listed in the Portsmouth Evening News Business Excellence Awards, Start-up Business Category 2012
- Winner in the Economic Potential Category in the Go Gosport Business Awards 2011
- Finalist in the Hampshire Winning Women in Business Awards in Two categories 2011